Spring is a beautiful time of year but for many of us, it also signifies the beginning of endless sneezing, itchy eyes, and congestion. Thankfully there are many natural ways to reduce these symptoms and go back to loving this time of year, pollen and all.
1) Build your immunity: Starting off any season with a strong immune system is the best form of preventative care. Consider taking supplements such as Immune Support, Active Immunity, Vitamin C with bioflavonoids, and Probiotics.
2) Work with the Pollen: You can reduce your symptoms by introducing your body to the pollen found in your environment. For example, eating local raw honey can help build up your immunity to the pollen allergy when consumed with probiotics. If honey is not your jam, you can cut straight to the source and consume local raw bee pollen.
3) Minimize Symptoms: There are herbs that can help with the allergy symptoms. Some of my favorites include:
- Quercitan: contains antihistamine properties. Widely used to remedy congestion and sneezing.
- Bromelain: Natural anti-inflammatory. Used for reducing swelling in the nasal passages. Also supports the absorption of Quercitan.
- Freeze Dried Nettles: Potent anti-inflammatory effects. Can also help reduce sneezing and itching by reduce the amount of histamine the body produces in response to an allergen.
- N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC): Strong antioxidant and decongestant properties.
In addition, saline nasal rinses- either neti pot, neil med or saline nasal sprays with xylitol – all work great to thin and clear out mucus and wash out pollen.
For a more personalized plan, make an appointment today!