- More Details
- Contains andrographis paniculata – an herb widely used in Ayurvedic formulas to support upper respiratory, liver, and immune system health.
- Contains amla fruit, a very rich source of vitamin C, flavonoids and phenolic compounds loaded with extensive antioxidant properties.
- Our specialized formula also contains mulberry leaf and apricot seed traditionally used in Chinese medicine to support lung health.
- Studies have shown that andrographis paniculata reduces symptoms in people with uncomplicated upper respiratory infections.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does the immune system work?
The innate (specific) immune system is composed of various organs, cells, and proteins. It plays an important role in protecting your body from harmful environmental substances and germs. It fights using immune cells called natural killer cells and phagocytes.
The adaptive (nonspecific) immune system makes antibodies against certain germs that the body has previously been exposed to through a learned immune response.
Because the immune system is adaptive, it is constantly learning and adapting to fight bacteria or viruses that change over time.
The main functions of the immune system include:
- To fight germs that cause diseases (pathogens) like bacteria, viruses, parasites, or fungi, and to eliminate them from the body
- To identify and neutralize harmful environmental substances
To fight changes that occur in the body that cause diseases
2. How do you support your immune system?
Your immune system does an amazing job of defending you against microorganisms that cause disease. But sometimes a germ successfully invades and makes you ill. Is it possible to boost your immune system?
A healthy lifestyle that follows general healthy guidelines is the best way to support your immune system. Your overall health including your immune system will function better when protected from environmental damage and boosted by healthy lifestyle strategies such as these:
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- Get regular exercise
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit smoking
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- Get adequate sleep
- Avoid infection by frequent hand washing and cooking meats thoroughly
- Try to minimize stress
- Keep your vaccine status current
- Which foods support your immune system?
A strong immune system will help keep you healthy. A well-balanced diet plays an important role in staying healthy. Incorporating certain foods into your diet may strengthen your immune response.
Foods that can harm your immune response include alcohol, coffee, and processed foods with added sugar.
The following foods may help to boost your immune system:
- Blueberries and yogurt – Antioxidants, flavonoids
- Turmeric and ginger – Antioxidants, anti-inflammatories
- Dark chocolate - Antioxidants
- Salmon - Omega-3 fatty acids
- Eggs – Vitamins D and E, zinc, selenium
- Poultry – Vitamin B6
- Lean beef – Zinc, selenium, vitamin B6
- Shellfish - Zinc
- Broccoli, red bell pepper, oranges, kiwis, papaya - Vitamin C
- Sweet potatoes - Vitamin A and beta carotene
- Spinach - Flavonoids, carotenoids, vitamins C and E
- Green tea – Flavonoids
- Garlic – Multiple benefits
- What vitamins support your immune system?
A healthy immune system relies on a balanced diet consistently. Of course, it’s best to get your vitamins and minerals from your food. Here are some of the top vitamins and minerals your immune system needs to function well:
- Vitamin C in spinach, bell peppers, kale, Brussel sprouts, berries, papaya
- Vitamin E in almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, nut butters, and oils
- Vitamin A in carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pumpkin, cantaloupe, leafy green vegetables
- Vitamin D in salmon, mackerel, sardines, tuna; fortified orange juice, milk, and cereals
- Folic acid in enriched pasta, bread, and rice
- Iron in red meat, poultry, shellfish, tuna. Vegetarians can get iron in beans, broccoli, kale, iron-fortified cereals.
- Selenium in seafood, meat, poultry, cottage cheese
- Zinc in shellfish, meat, poultry, baked beans, yogurt, chickpeas
- What weakens the immune system?
The immune system is composed of a multitude of different types of cells that work to protect you against bacteria, viruses, and other things that can cause an infection.
Regardless of age, gender, and other harmful habits like illicit drug use, smoking tobacco, drinking alcohol, and poor nutrition, a sedentary lifestyle is linked to an increased risk for early death. Eventually, inactivity can lead to an impaired immune system, inflammation, and other chronic diseases.
The immune system is also weakened by obesity, stress, aging, medical conditions (HIV, AIDS, cancer, diabetes, serious infections), and medications (steroids, chemotherapy).
Lack of sleep, anxiety and even grief can also weaken your immune system.
Immune suppression commonly happens because of an autoimmune disease like type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus.
- Does exercise improve immunity?
Exercise reduces your risk of developing heart disease. It also keeps your bones strong and healthy.
How exercise may increase your immunity:
- Physical activity helps clear the lungs and airways of bacteria which may reduce the chances of getting an infection, cold, or flu.
- Exercise can change your white blood cells and antibodies. These cells in the immune system fight disease and rapidly circulate throughout the body for earlier detection of illnesses than they would without exercise.
- The slight increase in body temperature during and right after physical activity may prevent bacteria from growing. This increase in temperature may help your body fight infection better (similar to what happens when you have a fever).
- Exercise inhibits the release of stress hormones. High stress can increase your risk of illness. Lower stress hormones may give protection against illness.
Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 15
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Andrographis Leaf Extract: (Andrographis paniculata) (standardized to 5% [20 mg] andrographolides) 400 mg *
Amla Fruit 3:1 Extract: (Emblica officinalis) (containing tannins) 400 mg *
A 5:1ï¿½ proprietary herbal extract blend of:
Glehnia Root (Glehnia littoralis), Apricot Seed (Prunus armeniaca), White Mulberry Leaf (Morus alba), Gardenia Fruit (Gardenia jasminoides), Soybean (Glycine max), Zhejiang Fritillaria Bulb (Fritillaria thunbergii), Pear Fruit (Pyrus pyrifolia) 400 mg *
*Daily Value Not Established
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, cellulose, stearic acid, silica, calcium silicate, croscarmellose sodium, and coating (deionized water microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, and carrageenan).Contains: soy.