Rainbow Inspiration - Why the rainbow diet is so healthy.
The more colors we have in our lives, the more balanced we will feel. I am sure you have heard about the “rainbow diet”.
This is a great way to add lots of colors and different nutrients to your bodies every day. We can use colors to activate the 7 main chakras as we allow our body systems to move, get energized and balance and replenish ourselves from head to toe. Remember to have fun with your fruits and vegetables!
Here’s what to do:
- Buy a Black chalkboard – (not white, this is your FUN board!) and Rainbow dry erase markers.
- List any or all words below that you feel inspired by on your blackboard and leave a space for each day of the week to put initials for each day that you engage in any of these rainbow inspiration activities.
By the end up the week, you can tally up what colors you activated, and see how awesome you feel!
- Mist Akasha’s “Stillness” Lavender spray (face shoulders, pillow & bed sheets)
- Oils: lavender oil, clary sage, rosemary
- Eat blackberries, acai, purple cauliflower, potato, carrot, yam, cabbage, asparagus.
- Movement & Connection: meditate, tap on your third eye
- Affirmations: “I am creative, I am at peace with myself today, I listen as I sit in stillness…”
- Eat blueberries, add spirulina to your coffee or shake
- Oils: spearmint, eucalyptus, blue tansy (diffuser, chest, upper back and throat)
- Movement & Connection: “BREATHE”, get some fresh air, shrug your shoulders, perform neck circles and stretch from side to side
- Affirmations: “I speak from my Heart, I speak and live my Truth, my lungs are strong and healthy!”
- Drink a cup full of Akasha Greens! ☺
- Oils: rose, myrrh, neroli (heart, chest/breasts, mid back)
- Eat some greens- lime, cilantro, kiwi, celery, chlorella tabs, green apple, spinach, broccoli, kale, so many delicious greens!
- Movement & Connection: talk to your plants, go for a nature walk
- Affirmations: put your hand on your heart and say “I love you” to yourself, give yourself a pat on the back and a hug OR hug a loved one.
- Drink a cup of Akasha’s “Vital Fuel”
- Lemon in your water, eat a delicious mango, pineapple, red peppers, spaghetti squash, ginger, banana
- Oils: lemon, lime, lemongrass, basil (on adrenal glands and solar plexus- in between your rib cage)
- Movement & Connection: get some SUN!, do sun salutations, call in your power!
- Affirmations: Hand on solar plexus- “I am bright, energized, and ready to take on the day!”
- Drink an Akasha “Vital Meal” shake
- Eat orange, grapefruit, sweet potato, carrot, squash, pumpkin, turmeric
- Oils: orange, grapefruit, cardamom (Hara center, Womb, lower back, and Hara center or “Tanden” right below belly button is where we create and manifest our dreams)
- Movement & Connection: Time for hip circles, salsa dance/Zumba, lunges or “warrior pose”
- Affirmations: “I am nourished, I am whole, I nurture body and my dreams everyday”
- Eat strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate, beets, tomatoes, rainbow swiss chard
- Oils: rose oil, ylang ylang, cinnamon (heart, chest, hands, and sacred place)
- Movement & Connection: Jump, Bounce on a medicine ball, pelvic floor exercises
- Affirmations: “I balance work and play time, I allow myself to have fun everyday”
- Eat figs, blackberries, black currants, brown pear, black olives
- Oils: vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli (tailbone, knees, soles of feet)
- Movement & Connection: “Grounding”- take your shoes off and put your feet in soil or on a tree.
- Affirmations: “I shake off old energies as I invite calm, balanced energies from the ground up”
Hi, my name is Gina Galvez, PA-C. I am Akasha’s Integrative Physician Assistant and nutrition coach. I also specialize in I.V. Vitamin drips, gut health, and sports medicine using regenerative medicine.
If you have any questions or would like guidance on how you can implement the rainbow diet and inspiration into your daily life, please reach out to our team to schedule a nutrition consult with me.